Best traffic routes to and from Tiger Stadium
BATON ROUGE, LA -- City Police and LSU Police have listed the best traffic routes for motorists driving to Tiger Stadium for LSU football games. To report traffic problems, call LSU Police at (225) 578-3231.
From the North
If approaching the stadium from the north, use either River Road, Nicholson Drive, Highland Road or Dalrymple Drive. From these routes, parking will be available north of the stadium, on Nicholson Drive near the Carl Maddox Fieldhouse and at Kirby Smith Residence Hall lots.
· Southbound traffic on Nicholson Drive will be forced to turn at McKinley Street except for vehicles that have parking passes.
· Southbound traffic on Highland Road will be directed to McKinley westbound to River Road.
From the East or South
If approaching the stadium from east or south, use either College Drive, Acadian/Stanford exit, Highland Road or Burbank Drive and Nicholson Drive. Parking for those using these routes is available on Gourrier Lane south of the stadium, off River Road near the Mississippi River and or additional lots east of the stadium in the vicinity of the John M. Parker Coliseum.
· Traffic traveling north on Highland from Dalrymple will not be allowed to turn onto Roosevelt once the band lot is full; traffic will be directed to McKinley westbound at that time where it can proceed to River Road.
From South on Nicholson/Burbank
Fans coming from the south on Nicholson Drive or Burbank will be routed to Gourrier Lane, then River Road.
One-Way Traffic to Stadium (90 minutes prior to kickoff)
Approximately ninety minutes prior to kickoff, police will direct one-way traffic only toward Tiger Stadium on the following routes:
· Highland Road from Lee Drive
· West Lakeshore Drive from Stanford
· Nicholson Drive Extension from Parker Boulevard
· Dalrymple Drive from the I-10 overpass
After the game, southbound traffic from the stadium will be directed onto Nicholson Drive and Burbank Drive or to River Road. River Road will be one way traffic from Gourrier Drive to Brightside Lane, and fans who are traveling in the left lane of River Road will be directed to turn left onto Brightside Lane while fans traveling in the right lane of River Road will be directed to continue straight.
After the game, northbound traffic west of Tiger Stadium will be directed onto Nicholson Drive or to River Road. River Road from Skip Bertman Drive to South Boulevard will be one-way traffic. Northbound traffic east of Tiger Stadium will be directed onto Highland Road. Dalrymple will be one-way traffic from Highland Road to I-10.