Satellite Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast

Hot water heater blamed for house fire

Thursday, September 1, 2011 - 6:12pm

BATON ROUGE, LA (FOX44) -- Fears of possible entrapment sent EMS responders and a neighbor to a house on Eugene Street that was on fire. The house in Baton Rouge is said to have begun due to a water heater located in the washroom of the home.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the call just after 3 p.m. The person who called in the blaze told firefighters that someone was trapped in the home. Fortunantly no one was located in the home.

The flames were contained within 15 minutes of arrival. FOX44 News spoke to a neighbor who went into the home to make sure no one was home. He says that many homes in the area have bad electrical systems.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment