Baton Rouge - There are a few scheduled lane closures associated with the I-10 widening project for later this week. The following closures are scheduled for Wednesday, August 4 and Thursday, August 5, weather permitting:
- Westbound I-10 from Siegen Lane to the I-10/12 split will reduce to one lane from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for paving, embankment and bridge work.
- Eastbound I-10 from before Essen Lane to past Ward's Creek will reduce to one lane from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for paving, embankment and bridge work.
- Southbound Bluebonnet Boulevard underneath the I-10 overpass will reduce to one lane from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for bridge work.
- Northbound Siegen Lane will reduce to one turning lane to I-10 westbound from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for bridge work.
- Southbound Siegen Lane underneath the I-10 overpass will reduce to one lane from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for bridge work.
These closures will allow vehicles 11-feet wide or smaller to pass through the construction zones. The road is open for regular traffic, but oversize vehicles must detour using U.S. 61 (Airline Highway) at the Sorrento exit and travel north to Interstate 12, travel west on I-12 and reconnect with I-10 in Baton Rouge.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development appreciates your patience and encourages drivers to exercise caution and obey all warning signs through the construction area. Please be aware of all construction workers and equipment.
For the safety of the media, construction workers and the traveling public, any media member wanting to get video or photographs of construction activities must contact the Geaux Wider team. Anyone who does not have prior authorization will be escorted off the project site.
The Louisiana DOTD Geaux Wider program is a multi-year construction initiative designed to increase capacity, improve safety and enhance mobility on Interstates 10 and 12 in East Baton Rouge and Livingston Parishes.
The following interstate segments will be widened to six lanes under the Geaux Wider program:
- Interstate 10, from the I-10/12 split to Siegen Lane.
- Interstate 10, from the Siegen Lane interchange to Highland Road.
- Interstate 12, from the O'Neal Lane interchange to Pete's Highway.
- Interstate 12 eastbound, from Pete's Highway to Juban Road.
Construction is underway now with the completion date for the entire program estimated for 2013. For more information, contact Louisiana DOTD Customer Service at 1-877-4LA-DOTD (3683) or visit www.geauxwider.com.