BATON ROUGE, LA. (FOX44) - The University of Alabama is excited to host the LSU Tigers on Saturday, Nov. 5th. The game has received unprecedented media coverage and expects the largest crowd ever in Tuscaloosa. While UA's Bryant-Denny stadium can seat just over 101,000 fans, they are expecting more than 140,000 will be on the UA campus on game day.
They are asking for your help in making sure the LSU fan base is aware of our rules and regulations. They have a great website, and it is filled with up to date information about traffic, parking, tailgating and RV parking.
Here are a few highlights:
• On-campus RV parking is sold out but our website lists several off-campus properties that have availability for the game weekend.
• Public parking is available on the east side of campus near the Rec Center and the Medical Center. It is $30/vehicle in paved lots. You can purchase a paved lot parking pass online and print the pass at home for $25. Grass parking is also available on the east side of campus for $20 on a first come/first serve basis. The Crimson Ride transit system serves this area and drops fans off at the Quad, just two blocks from Bryant Denny Stadium. These shuttles begin running at 7 a.m. on game day and run for 90 minutes post game.
• Parking for people with disabilities is on a first come/first serve basis as well. We have three lots near the stadium and a parking deck/surface lot off of Campus Drive for $30.00 on game day that is served by buses to the stadium. The shuttles to the stadium will begin 3 hours prior to kickoff.
• There is off-site parking in downtown Tuscaloosa and at University Mall. Both of these areas provide shuttles to and from the stadium.
• Tailgating is regulated on the Quad
• If you are coming from the west into Tuscaloosa, use I-359 through downtown Tuscaloosa to campus. If you are coming from the east, stay off of I-459 and take 20/59 all the way from Birmingham. There some alternate routes listed on the website for you to consider if you are coming from the east.