Suspected murder in critical condition after taking drugs during three hour police stand off

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 - 12:33pm

LAKE CHARLES, LA (FOX44) — A three hour stand off with Police ended with the suspect at a local hospital in critical condition. That’s because Police say he ingested a large amount of illegal drugs after killing one person, injuring three others and taking Police on a wild chase through the streets of Lake Charles.

The incident happened Tuesday, March 6 at around 3:00 p.m. on North Cherry Street. When officers arrived on scene, they found three victims, who were all transported to a local hospital.
One victim died as a result of those injuries. He has been identified as Joshua Dominic Frank, 27, of Lake Charles.

A second victim was treated and released, while the third victim remains in the hospital in stable condition.

Officers say that they witnessed a man fleeing the scene. The suspect made his way to Cherry Street, where he carjacked another victim. The vehicle was later discovered at the Walgreens located on the corner of 12th Street and Highway 14.

The carjacking victim was also injured and was transported to a local hospital.

We’re told officers tracked the suspect to the Howard Johnson Express Motel located on Broad Street. That’s when they managed to identify the man as Felton N. Watson, 29, of Lake Charles.
Officials say negotiators attempted to coax Watson out of his hotel room; the stand off lasted around three hours.

Watson eventually evacuated the hotel room after the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team deployed tear gas.

Eventually, Watson was arrested and transported to the LCPD Detective Division for processing.

Reports say that Watson began to have seizures and convulsions while speaking with homicide investigators. He told investigators that he had taken a large amount of illegal drugs during the three hour stand off.

Watson was transported by Acadian Ambulance to a local hospital. He is currently in critical condition.

Watson is being charged with one count of First Degree Murder, three counts of Attempted First Degree Murder, one count of Carjacking.

A $2.5 million bond was placed by Judge David Ritchie.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment