BATON ROUGE, LA (FOX44) -- Officials with the University of Alabama is expecting the largest crowd ever in Tuscaloosa on November 5th.
While Bryant-Denny stadium can seat just over 101,000 fans, more than 140,000 will be on the UA campus on game day.
Here are a few tips for tiger fans that are making the trip:
• On-campus RV parking is sold out but our website lists several off-campus properties that have availability for the game weekend.
• Public parking is available on the east side of campus near the Rec Center and the Medical Center. It is $30/vehicle in paved lots. You can purchase a paved lot parking pass online and print the pass at home for $25. Grass parking is also available on the east side of campus for $20 on a first come/first serve basis. The Crimson Ride transit system serves this area and drops fans off at the Quad, just two blocks from Bryant Denny Stadium. These shuttles begin running at 7 a.m. on game day and run for 90 minutes post game.
• Parking for people with disabilities is on a first come/first serve basis as well. We have three lots near the stadium and a parking deck/surface lot off of Campus Drive for $30.00 on game day that is served by buses to the stadium. The shuttles to the stadium will begin 3 hours prior to kickoff.
• There is off-site parking in downtown Tuscaloosa and at University Mall. Both of these areas provide shuttles to and from the stadium.
• Tailgating is regulated on the Quad and the rules for set up are found at www.uagameday.com
• If you are coming from the west into Tuscaloosa, use I-359 through downtown Tuscaloosa to campus. If you are coming from the east, stay off of I-459 and take 20/59 all the way from Birmingham. There some alternate routes listed on the website for you to consider if you are coming from the east.