Satellite Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast

Twenty four people in Baker are homeless due to an electrical fire

Sunday, November 6, 2011 - 4:33pm

BAKER, LA (FOX44) - 24 Residents of the Sycamore Suites apartment complex in Baker are homeless Sunday because of an electrical fire that started from one of the apartment kitchens.

The fire started in the home of Kimberly Scott, who said she was awoken by black smoke. She said she only had minutes to get her family out, but thankfully, everyone survived.

Scott and other residents of Sycamore Suites say the fire started because of shoddy wiring on Scott's electrical stove, which had been repaired the day before. They said the fire shouldn't have happened at all.

The stove was just prepared on yesterday, and i don't know if that triggered anything off, but i mean, nothing was on. I was told that the element on the back of the stove was too long, the stem on it was too long, and if it touched, it might spark." Kimberly Scott, a Resident of Sycamore Suites Apartments, said.


 

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment