Baton Rouge-There are two scheduled lane closures associated with the I-12 widening project for tonight. The following closures are scheduled for Wednesday, July 21, weather permitting:
- Eastbound I-12 from O'Neal Lane to the 4-H Club Bridge will reduce to one lane from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. This will include closing the eastbound on-ramp at O'Neal Lane.
- Both eastbound lanes of I-12 will close intermittently for 15-minute intervals between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. to allow for concrete-paving operations.
Motorists wanting to take an alternate route can exit at O'Neal Lane and travel north to Florida Boulevard. Turn right on Florida Boulevard and travel east to Juban Road. Turn right on Juban Road and travel south to re-intersect with I-12 eastbound. Oversized loads/vehicles will not be permitted to travel through these areas without proper permits and escorts. All emergency vehicles will have access through this area.
For the safety of the media, construction workers and the traveling public, any media member wanting to get video or photographs of construction activities must contact the Geaux Wider team. Anyone who does not have prior authorization will be escorted off the project site.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development appreciates your patience and encourages drivers to exercise caution and obey all warning signs through the construction area. Please be aware of all construction workers and equipment.
The Louisiana DOTD Geaux Wider program is a multi-year construction initiative designed to increase capacity, improve safety and enhance mobility on Interstates 10 and 12 in East Baton Rouge and Livingston Parishes.
The following interstate segments will be widened to six lanes under the Geaux Wider program:
- Interstate 10, from the I-10/12 split to Siegen Lane.
- Interstate 10, from the Siegen Lane interchange to Highland Road.
- Interstate 12, from the O'Neal Lane interchange to Pete's Highway.
- Interstate 12 eastbound, from Pete's Highway to Juban Road.
Construction is underway now with the completion date for the entire program estimated for late 2012. For more information, contact Louisiana DOTD Customer Service at 1-877-4LA-DOTD (3683) or visit www.geauxwider.com.