Know the meaning and the difference between a hurricane watch and a hurricane warning: ·
Hurricane Watch: conditions are possible in the specified area of the watch, usually within 36 hours.
Hurricane Warning: conditions are expected in the specified area of the warning, usually within 24 hours.
- Make a personal and/or family plan by putting together the following items:
- Extra batteries in needed/various sizes
- Battery-Powered radio and lantern
- Bottled water (at least three gallons per person)
- Canned food and non-electric can opener
- First Aid Kit and essential medications
- Personal Items (clothes, rain gear, compass, tape, garbage bags, toiletries)
- Personal Identification and other important documents
- Evacuation route maps
Remember to protect family, pets, home and valuables. Find all of these tips and more...