LOS ANGELES (CNN) — The key players in the "Fast & Furious" series meet Friday to discuss the future of the movie franchise, star Vin Diesel said.
"We always took pride in trying to make each one better than the last," Diesel said in a post on his verified Facebook fan page late Thursday.
Diesel has used his Facebook page to keep fans updated since co-star Paul Walker died in a high-speed car crash six weeks ago.
"P.s. Tomorrow we meet with the studio, regarding the future of the Fast saga ... and the completion of seven," he said.
Walker, 40, and the rest of the "Fast & Furious" cast were on a short break for Thanksgiving when he stepped into a red 2005 Porsche Carrera GT for a short ride around a Santa Clarita, California, business park.
Investigators concluded that the car, driven by Walker's friend, was speeding at more than 100 miles per hour when it clipped a light pole and was engulfed in flames, killing both men.
Walker's ex-cop character, Brian O'Conner, was central to five of the first six "Fast & Furious" stories, and his death left the future of the next film in doubt. Millions of dollars are at stake, considering the franchise has sold $2.6 billion in tickets around the world since 2001.
Universal Studios, which was planning to release the franchise's seventh installment this July, announced last month that it would hit theaters on April 10, 2015.
Diesel posted a message and photograph on Facebook two weeks ago that showed the last scene he and Walker filmed together.
"There was a unique sense of completion, of pride we shared ... in the film we were now completing ... the magic captured ... and, in just how far we've come," Diesel wrote.
CNN's Henry Hanks contributed to this report.