The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is projecting between 14-23 named storms, eight to 14 hurricanes, three to seven of which will become major storms. The outlook exceeds the seasonal average. Hurricane season runs through November 30th.
Here's a list of some supplies to keep in your emergency kits this Hurricane season.
- Three to five day supply of water. That's one gallon per person.
- A first aid kit, including prescription medicines.
- An extra set of car keys and credit card.
- If you wear prescription glasses or contacts, keep a spare in your first aid kit.
- Don't forget about pets. Keep extra food and water for them too.