Gonzales man arrested on suspicion of 6th DWI

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 - 4:54pm

A Gonzales man back on the streets after posting a $30,000 bond for his sixth suspected DWI arrest.

Authorities say 34-year-old John C. Massey was busted after he failed a field sobriety test. It's the sixth time Massey has been arrested for drinking and driving since 2000.

Deputies say so far he's been convicted on three seperate DWI charges—one has been thrown out and he still has to go to court on the arrest prior to Saturday's booking.

District Attorney Rickey Babin says under Louisiana law DWI's after the third conviction, DWI's are punishable by up to thirty years behind bars.

He says since Massey's last two suspected DWI arrests fall under his jurisidiction the D.A. will be pushing for the maximum sentence.