Satellite Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast

Man escapes burning house

Monday, October 12, 2009 - 10:43am

A local man says he's lucky to be alive. He says he's got his smoke detector to thank. The fire started just before 3:00 Monday morning. The man inside, Dequincy Burnett says his smoke detector woke him out of a deep sleep. He and his dog were able to make it out. Both his cars and several rooms in his house were on fire. Burnett says things could have been much worse if he didn't have his smoke detector.