The Recreation and Park Commission for the Parish of East Baton Rouge (BREC) will close the administrative offices, 6201 Florida Blvd., on Thursday, July 4. Normal operating hours will resume at all BREC facilities on Friday, July 5.
A restaurant in Central caught fire late last night due to its buffet having electrical problems.
The Central Fire Department was called to Zoe’s Pizza on Greenwell Springs Road on Monday, June 1 at 11:11 p.m.
As Paula Deen's home-goods empire unravels, companies making or distributing her products -- everything from pots and pans to dishes and scented candles -- may be left with a messy situation of their own.