Satellite Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast

Baton Rouge apartment fire caused by unattended cooking

Photo provided by MGN Online
Friday, August 23, 2013 - 12:00am

 A fire was contained to a singular apartment thanks to the efforts of local firefighters.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to an apartment fire in the 2000 block of N. Lobdell shortly after 9:00 p.m. on August 21.

The fire was started by unattended cooking. The apartment’s resident said she walked upstairs for just a brief moment; her child, who was downstairs at the time, alerted her that the kitchen was on fire.

The fire destroyed the kitchen and living room, and the rest of the apartment has smoke and water damage.

Red Cross was called to assist the mother and child. 


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment