Houma woman shocked by lightning transfer while standing in grocery store checkout

Photo provided by Facebook.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 2:00am

A Houma woman was reportedly rushed to the hospital after she was shocked by lightning that traveled through the store’s electrical system.

According to Houma Today, the incident happened at roughly 2:13 p.m. on Monday, July 15. The victim was standing in the checkout line at Rouses Supermarket on Grand Caillou Road when she was shocked.

Houma Fire District Chief Joe Moupon explained that the woman was alert after it happened. She was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment