Outdoor smoker, flamable chemicals combo creates house fire

MGN
Sunday, May 5, 2013 - 8:00pm

Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a fire in the 2800 block of Bartlett Street around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

The fire was caused by outdoor cooking equipment being placed too close to combustibles. Fire fighters believe a Smoker that was being used ignited a couch on the back patio of the home. The fire traveled up the back patio wall and into the attic. When fire fighters arrived on scene the fire had totally engulfed the home. The residents escaped unharmed. Fire fighters prevented the fire from spreading to adjacent homes. Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the residents.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment