Teen in ‘serious condition’ after rescue from house fire in Prairieville

Photo provided by State Fire Marshal’s office.
Monday, May 27, 2013 - 1:00pm

A teen was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out at his family home.

The State Fire Marshal’s office reports that the fire broke out at around 6:30 a.m. at a home on Beau Jon Ave. in Prairieville on Sunday, May 26. Firefighters responded to the call and helped save a 15 year old from the flames. We’re told the teen’s grandfather was also in the home when the fire broke out.

The teen was transported to a hospital in Gonzales. He was reportedly listed in “serious condition.”

Fire investigators are currently working to figure out what sparked the blaze. So far they have only reported that the home was not equipped with working smoke detectors.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment