Unattended pot causes $50,000 in fire damage to BR apartment
BATON ROUGE, LA (FOX44) — A Baton Rouge apartment sustained roughly $50,000 worth of damage due to an unattended pot on the stove.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the call on Sunday, June 16 shortly before 7:00 p.m. They say the fire started in unit 6 of the Evangeline Place apartment complex located on Annette Street. However, damage was also caused to adjoining units.
Officials say the kitchen and living room had to be gutted because of heat and smoke damage. There was also heat damage throughout the remainder of the home.
Other units in the complex sustained mild smoke damage.
The American Red Cross responded to the scene last night and assisted 14 people, including 2 children. They say a total of 9 units were impacted.