33 LSU student-athletes placed on 2013 Winter SEC Academic Honor Roll
BATON ROUGE, LA — LSU placed 33 student-athletes on the 2012-13 SEC Winter Honor Roll, as announced by the league office on Tuesday.
The Swimming and Diving program headlined the list with 11 men and 11 women earning selections. The list was highlighted by seniors Craig Hamilton and Timmy Dasinger.
During Hamilton’s four seasons in Baton Rouge, the Edinburgh, Scotland native recorded LSU’s fastest mile times over 10 times. Hamilton became LSU’s first NCAA First-Team All-American in the mile and the first NCAA First-Team All-American for the program since 2006 after taking seventh in the 1650 freestyle at the NCAA Championships. Hamilton departs LSU with three individual team records and one team relay record.
Dasinger is one of LSU’s nominees for the SEC Brad Davis Community Service Post-Graduate Scholarship. In addition, Dasinger is a member of the LSU Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and was named to the SEC Community Service Team his junior and senior campaign.
Eight members of the LSU Gymnastics program received spots on the prestigious list as well. The Gymnastics squad earned a fifth place finish at last weekend’s NCAA Championships, which equaled the second best finish in program history.
Rhegan Courville, a sophomore from Baton Rouge, headlined the group. Courville joined an elite company of LSU gymnasts by winning vault national title at NCAA Individual Event Finals on Sunday.
In addition, Jeanne Kenney and Anne Pedersen of Women’s Basketball and Eddie Ludwig of Men’s Basketball were named to the list. Kenney, a junior guard from Baton Rouge, La., was named the Shaquille O’Neal Champs/Student-Athlete of the Month for January and a Cox Communication Student-Athlete of the Month for April. In addition, Kenney ranked fifth in the conference in assists and led the Lady Tigers in that category as the team reached the Sweet 16.
Ludwig, a senior from Metairie, La., was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll for the third consecutive season. The forward was one of three seniors that guided LSU to a 19-12 season during Head Coach Johnny Jones’s first season at the helm.
The 2013 Winter SEC Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2012 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
Any student-athlete who participates in a Southeastern Conference championship sport or a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution's NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll. The following criteria should be followed:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport's entire NCAA Championship segment.
Below is a complete list of SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll recipients:
- Eddie Ludwig, Men’s Basketball, Economics
- Jeanne Kenney, Women’s Basketball, Kinesiology
- Anne Pedersen, Women’s Basketball, Sport Administration
- Rheagan Courville, Gymnastics, Sport Administration
- Kaleigh Dickson, Gymnastics, Mass Communication
- Casey Duvall, Gymnastics, Biology
- Lainie Fleming, Gymnastics, Microbiology
- Mckenzie Fox, Gymnastics, Kinesiology
- Ericka Garcia, Gymnastics, International Studies
- Lloimincia Hall, Gymnastics, Sport Administration
- Jessie Jordan, Gymnastics, Kinesiology
- Shane Coltharp, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Finance
- Timmy Dasinger, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Kinesiology
- Frank Greeff, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Finance
- Craig Hamilton, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Sport Administration
- Daniel Helm, Men’s Swimming & Diving Sport, Administration
- Nick Kunkel, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Finance
- Sean McKinney, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Marketing
- Chris Mericas, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Mechanical Engineering
- Andrew Muller, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Political Science
- Matthew Schaefer, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Kinesiology
- Michael Young, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Sport Administration
- Laura Furr, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Mass Communication/ History
- Parker Glass, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Elementary Grades Education
- Chelsea Griffiths, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Mass Communication
- Kyra Jones, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Chemical Engineering
- Audrey Lawson, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Kinesiology
- Kaelee Mader, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Chemical Engineering
- Mikayda Mills, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Political Science/ Economics
- Jennifer Reese, Women’s Swimming & Diving, General Business
- Jana Ruimerman, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Kinesiology
- Elle Schmidt, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Mass Communication
- Sally Wood, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Fitness Studies