BREC Skate Park offering new classes
BATON ROUGE, LA — Extreme sports may seem scary to parents. However, these activities are constructive and healthy ways for kids to be active. BREC Skate Park wants to make sure your child learns all of those benefits in a safe, fun environment.
Below is a list of the courses the park is offering for the month of September. Call (225) 766-9039 to register for classes.
- Level 1: Introduction to climbing and belay technique. Students will be taught exercises that focus on strength and efficiency in climbing. Ages 9+, Saturday, Sept. 8, 9:00am – 1:00pm, 10 students max, 4 minimum
- Level 2: For climbers who have basic climbing and belay techniques and want to expand their knowledge of the sport. Lead and trad climbing are reviewed. Ages 14+, Saturday, Sept. 15, 9:00am – 1:00pm and Oct. 13, 9:00am – 1:00pm, 10 max, 4 minimum
- Level 3: This class builds upon Level 2. Climbers will be prepared to go outdoors on their own while feeling secure in their training. Ages 14+, Saturday, Oct 20, 9:00am – 1:00pm, 10 students max, 4 minimum
BMX Freestyle 180
- Learn how to ride the park with confidence. This course will teach students how to drop-in, bunny hop, and a few beginner’s tricks. Ages 7+, Tuesdays 5:00-6:30pm Sept. 4-25, 10 students max, 4 minimum
BMX Freestyle 360
- This class is designed for youth who have the ability to bunny hop a curb and drop-in the open bowl. More advanced techniques will be taught. Ages 10+, Tuesdays 7:00-8:30 Sept. 4-25, 10 students max, 4 minimum
- Intro to skateboarding for those who are new to the sport and need to learn the basics such as pushing, rolling down hills, and turning. Ages 5+, Saturdays 9:00-10:30am Sept. 1-22, 10 students max, 4 minimum
- For experienced skaters who want to perfect their tricks and learn new ones. Must have the ability to push, roll down hills, and turn. Ages 7+, Saturdays 11:00-12:30pm Sept. 1-22, 10 students max, 4 minimum
- This month we will feature local skateboarding and BMX films on a big screen at the skatepark. There is also a hula hoop jam happening near the lake. Saturday, September 8 from 7:00 – 10:00 PM
- BRAMBA hosts a 1-mile mountain bike time trial at BREC’s Comite Trail in Baton Rouge. Sunday, September 16 starts at 9:00 AM
Ride-N-Roll Anniversary Event
Come celebrate our 2 year anniversary with us! Contests, prizes, product toss, games for the little ones, music, art, food and fun for everyone! Saturday, September 29 from Noon – 4:00 PM